Re: SSL config info

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Tue, 25 May 2004 09:23:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 08:43:55AM -0400, nathan r. hruby wrote:
> OTOH, I did discover that if you run ./configure --with-openssl and
> ./configure can't seem to make openssl work, it will happily continue to
> build, removing the openssl option and issue no errors :(  Is there any
> way we can have ./configure either emit a loud warning or simply die if
> --with-openssl is specified but the configure tests don't pass?

personally, i'm a fan of having it continue if it can't find the
necessary files (and my experience with other configure-based apps says
that's the "normal" way of behaving, though i have seen some abort.  the
whole idea for using configure is to auto-detect what it can and just
live with the results).  but, i do believe it would be nice to see what
happened in a nice, concise way.  so, how about a summary at the end of
the configure run:

config.status: creating contrib/chat/Makefile
config.status: creating conserver/conserver.rc
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
                      Feature Summary

  Unix domain sockets (--with-uds)    : YES
         TCP wrappers (--with-libwrap): NO
              OpenSSL (--with-openssl): NO
              dmalloc (--with-dmalloc): NO
          PAM support (--with-pam)    : YES