Re: anyone use conserver with vt100s?

Greg A. Woods woods@weird.com
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:33:01 -0800 (PST)

[ On Thursday, March 4, 2004 at 05:59:50 (-0800), Bryan Stansell wrote: ]
> Subject: anyone use conserver with vt100s?
>
> yeah, i've used ascii terminals in computer rooms before (for when
> things get really bad), but i've never tried emulating a vt100 and
> sending the PF* keys.  '^Ec' is just too easy for me to type.
>
> i was also thinking folks might be using an xterm (or some such) and
> defining keys to send PF* sequences.

yes, some emulators faithfully mimic vt100 PF* keys (and indeed I think
even xterm can do that)

>  but, if you're doing that, why not
> just define them to send '^Ec' sequences instead...unless it's built-in
> and you're counting on it (but you still have to override the escape
> sequence).

Well the more appropriate question is whether or not anyone's using an
application which expects the user to send those sequences.

If so then one might also ask whether it's a libcurses (terminfo or
termcap) based application and whether or not the user has the ability
and skills to modify their termcap/terminfo entries as well as their
terminal emulator settings.

--
						Greg A. Woods