Centralized console logs

Kenneth Lee kenneth@cybermind.com.hk
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 05:27:04 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I currently have multiple conservers running on remote sites, is there any
way to redirect the remote console logs to a master machine instead of
having them stored on the slaves?

I have a console log watcher application but it only works on a machine with
conserver installed. If I can centralize the logs I can use it to monitor
all remote devices.

I thought I could use kind of remote file system like NFS to mount the
remote log directory but I'm sure there're better solutions. Any idea?

Many thanks,
Kenneth