linux virtual terminals (ALT+F2 etc.) through conserver.

Albert White Albert.White@Sun.COM
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:47:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,

With a screen and keyboard you can access the virtual terminals on a linux box by pressing ALT+F2 etc.

I'm assuming that this functionality is availble though the serial console also (perhaps a flawed assumption, I dont understand how or if linux maps tty[0-9] to the serial console.)

Assuming it is, does anyone know how to send ALT+F2 through conserver? Just pressing ALT+F2 unsurprisingly usualy causes something on my desktop to change, and I have tried adding various break sequences of (im still on conserver 7):
BREAK5=\00\151
BREAK6=\33\151
but this does not work.

Any advice would be much appreciated.