RE: SSH between Conserver host and MRV In-Reach terminal servers

Greg Brown gregb_ka6max@hotmail.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:33:55 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Jay!

I will keep the simultaneous connection problem in mind, and ask MRV if they have solved this issue. I will take your advise and start testing the version 8 conserver code.

Greg

From: "McCanta, Jay" <mccantaj@amgen.com>
To: users@conserver.com
Subject: SSH between Conserver host and MRV In-Reach terminal servers
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:14:13 -0700

I used SSH to an In-Reach.  The trouble I had was that the In-Reach gagged
and coughed when it received 48 connection requests at one as conserver
started up.  I ended up scripting some wait, and finally got the thing to
limp along.  Telnet for me worked better, though less secure.

It would be nice if there were a way to tell conserver to limit initializing
connections to a rate (e.g. 3/minute).

You'll want to upgrade, too, the new execsubst/devicesubst.  Makes for a
really clean conserver.cf file.

Jay McCanta

Amgen, Inc.

206-265-8335