Re: older conservers with newer console?

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:21:54 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 01:28:51PM -0500, Ernie Oporto wrote:
> Is there a switch for turning off the encryption for a console session to
> an older conserver?  Is the newer console client compatible with the older
> server?

'console -E' will allow a non-encrypted connection, which should allow a
better chance at talking to older servers.  but, if you're trying to
talk to a pre-8.0.0 server with an >= 8.0.0 client, it won't work.  all
the details on compatibility are in the INSTALL file...if there are
questions after checking that out, let me know.

Bryan