Re: ssh authentication on cisco termservers

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Fri, 16 May 2003 14:07:05 -0700 (PDT)

you're right...there are no inherent ssh capabilities in the code.  you
can, however, launch any command as a console.  an example conserver.cf
entry would be:

console1:|/usr/local/bin/ssh cisco::/var/conserver/log/console1::

you'll probably need to expand the ssh command a bit to do the right
thing (like include a -p flag, perhaps).  if you need password
authentication to happen, you'll have to hack that in somehow (i expect
a wrapper script and maybe creative use of 'expect' would work).  if
you use passphraseless identities, then you should be ok directly.

anyway, that's what i'd assume would work based on other mentions of
stuff like this on the list.  you can also do a search of the mailing
list archive for topics like this off http://www.conserver.com/ as
well - that might give more insight/options.

but, i know folks are able to do this.

Bryan