conserver 7.2.6 is available

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:21:49 -0800 (PST)

This release is mainly bug fixes and a better format of log messages.
I'm still seeing some memory leaks interfacing with the PAM library -
if anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear it (there are some dmalloc
hooks to help debugging).  Here's the list of changes:

version 7.2.6 (Mar 20, 2003):
	- the -b conserver option was mostly broken (since 7.2.0)
	- changed logging format so that all messages are of a similar
	  form
	- fixed bad port number in 'cached previous timeout' message -
	  reported by Dave Stuit <djs@tellme.com>
	- now using pid_t type for better compatibility
	- fixed the RPM and Solaris package to include the man
	  page for conserver.passwd - suggested by R P Herrold
	  <herrold@owlriver.com>
	- added restart option (-HUP) to conserver startup scripts
	- added -B option to client for sending messages to a single
	  server - suggested by Dave Stuit <djs@tellme.com>
	- added --with-dmalloc for memory usage debugging
	- bug with multiple interfaces and -M option not maching hostname
	  in configuration file - patch by Igor Sviridov <sia@nest.org>
	- memory leak using openssl library plugged
	- automatic reinitialization of failed consoles now retries
	  every minute like the manpage says it does - reported by Chris
	  Fowler <cfowler@outpostsentinel.com>
	- when -R option is used, substring matches on console names
	  from clients only match local console names (and if that
	  fails just remote console names) but ambiguous name list
	  returns both local and remote consoles - suggested by Todd
	  Stansell <todd@stansell.org>

Bryan Stansell