Re: Solarus 8/9 Sparc Questions

Doug Hughes doug@gblx.net
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:16:11 -0800 (PST)

On 4 Mar 2003, Chris Fowler wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 16:18, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>
> > Indeed.
> >
> > Time to (again?) post the link to circuit diagram of what I believe is
> > an equivalent device.
> >
> > The diagram was originally posted in sun-spots v5n45 by Malcolm Harper,
> > back before the WWW and most copies are in compressed archives and thus
> > not indexed by the likes of Google.  A copy can now be found at this
> > location:
> >
> > 	http://sunsite.kth.se/sun/sun-spots/v5n45.Z
>

> Awesome read.  The schematics talk about what happens when a cable is
> unpluged from ttya.  Is this still an issue or the same issue as the
> break?

yup.
But, if the device is listed at
http://www.conserver.com/consoles/breakinfo.html as passing the test, then
it most likely will not result in a Sun at PROM. We have Cisco 3640s.
You can power cycle them until the cows come home and the Sun's don't
care. But, you can still send a break when you need to.