Re: Solarus 8/9 Sparc Questions

Steve Dimoff steve@kinetworks.com
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 07:48:29 -0800 (PST)

The command is:

ok setenv input-device rsc
ok setenv output-device rsc
ok diag-output-to rsc

These older commands will not work in redirecting the console to RSC.
The following must be used in order for the redirection to take effect:

ok setenv diag-out-console true
ok input-device rsc-console
ok output-device rsc-console

These commands will take effect after the next server reset.
If you are wanting to redirect the console server back to TTYA , you can
do the following:

ok setenv diag-out-console false
ok setenv input-device keyboard
ok setenv output-device screen

 > Hoe would one get into the boot monitor from a tty-rsc console.  This is
 > a console over ethernet.  Sending a break via conserver would be of no
 > use.

one of the commands from the rsc> prompt is 'break'.
(but you can still use serial A to send break in the normal matter too).
If you want to use RSC as the machine console, you have to set the
eeprom to tell it to use RSC as the system console. We just use
regular console as console and RSC for emergency supplement so
I don't remember the exact syntax, but a google search should turn
it up.