Re: MAXMEMB

cfowler cfowler@outpostsentinel.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 05:47:17 -0800 (PST)

I'll give more insight to why I did this.  It is almost impossible for
me to gain access to my consoles over a firewall.   You see the the main
process offers me port 1024 then adds 1 each new connection.  I can not
open up 1024 - 1096 or whatever on my firewall.  What we've done is made
it simple.  Now the process only uses 783 and 782 ports and no more.
This may not be an issue for some but was for us.  Maybe this behavior
is something that can be looked at in 8.0 version.  Having 2 possible
ports are okay but having a  N number of possible ports, IMHO are not.