Re: First Timer question

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:01:36 -0800 (PST)

you either need to compile conserver using --with-port= and give it a
number, or add an entry for conserver in /etc/services.  just follow
the other entries in the file and give it an unused port (782 is the
traditional one to use, but you can use any).  then you should be able
to start up the server and client.  just make sure the client and
server hosts both agree on a port number, otherwise one will listen on
one port and the other will try talking to another and you won't get
anywhere.

Bryan