client enhancement request

Iain Rae iainr@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Fri, 3 May 2002 06:53:26 -0700 (PDT)

We had a power outage yesterday and one thing we decided would be useful
would be to have some way of identifying the console that console is
connected to. Say  by having something like

[hostname] [console server] [device]

on the top line of the console. and have it togglable for people that
don't want it.

Of course at this point someone mails me and tells me that you can do
something like this already.

The other Idle thought I've just had, was if we allowed a comment field
on the end of the conserver.cf console entry

i.e.
scar:/dev/cub23:9600p:&:1h:"Patch panel 7 port 6648"

you could have something like

client:server:dev/cub23:Patch panel 7 port 6648

on the top line.

Silly idea?

--
Iain Rae			Tel:01316505202