RE: remote modem with conserver?

Morris, Adam AMorris@providence.org
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:26:46 -0700 (PDT)

"This is not the terminal server you are looking for"...

LTSP is what it claims to be, but it's not a traditional "terminal server".
It's aiming to be a competitor-ish to Windows Terminal Servers (aka Citrix).
It's a way of running X based thin clients on diskless workstations, not a
way of connecting multiple serial devices to a network.

I hope that this helps,

	Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: woods@weird.com [mailto:woods@weird.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 3:11 PM
To: users@conserver.com
Subject: Re: remote modem with conserver?

[ On Thursday, June 6, 2002 at 17:33:15 (-0400), Greg A. Woods wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: remote modem with conserver?
>
> If I'm not totally mistaken The Linux Terminal Server Project offers a
> more complete solution:
>
> 	http://www.ltsp.org/

Looking deeper at that thing, I'm not sure it's what it claims to be.

However this is a real terminal server package for Unix, and it includes
"ttyd", the client side program too:

	http://www.linuxlots.com/~termpkg/

--
								Greg A.
Woods

+1 416 218-0098;  <gwoods@acm.org>;  <g.a.woods@ieee.org>;
<woods@robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; VE3TCP; Secrets of the Weird
<woods@weird.com>

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or
distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you very
much.