Re: conserver eventually goes catatonic after SIGPIPE (on NetBSD)

Greg A. Woods woods@weird.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 19:37:06 -0700 (PDT)

[ On Tuesday, May 28, 2002 at 18:06:18 (-0700), Bryan Stansell wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: conserver eventually goes catatonic after SIGPIPE (on NetBSD)
>
> On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 06:10:56PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> yep.  guess it's just never come up before 'cause it's mostly
> processing a read() when it notices broken things (a client would have
> to be sending data at just the right time).  i didn't even look for a
> SIGPIPE handler until this came up, actually.  regardless, yes, this
> needs to be added.

So far I've been doing well with just setting SIGPIPE to SIG_IGN, though
there's not a lot of error checking on write() calls, and that's
necessary to clean up properly (EPIPE should be returned on a write() to
a closed socket when SIGPIPE has been ignored).

--
								Greg A. Woods