Compilation on HP-UX 11i using GCC 3.02

Morris, Adam AMorris@providence.org
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:24:52 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,
	I'm currently trying to compile conserver on HP-UX 11i using GCC
3.02.  So far I have found :-

maxfiles() defined while maxfiles is defined as a constant on the system.
I've renamed maxfiles() throughout conserver.

TELCMD_OK(), TELCMD(), TELOPT_OK() and TELOPT() used but not defined.  I've
checked a Linux box and added the equivalents from
/usr/include/arpa/telnet.h into a local conserver_telnet.h

Differences in locations of the select definition (sys/select.h in conserver
and sys/time.h on HP-UX)

__builtin_va_start is an "unsatisfied symbol" in group.o.

There are also minor differences to types of arguments to various network
function calls (socklen_t * compared to int *)... These are only warnings
though so we can probably ignore them.

	I'm currently working on fixing the __builtin_va_start problem, the
rest have already been fixed.  If I can get it compiled who should I send
patches to?  bryan@conserver.com?  The patches are not likely to be
guaranteed to test for hp-ux though, so they will not be perfect.  Some of
them (maxfiles -> conserver_maxfiles for example) shouldn't be a problem on
other systems.  Any suggestions/comments from anyone?

	Thanks,
		Adam

Ignore this signature, the company adds it later... :-(

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to
whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or
distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you very
much.