proposal for remote console specs using the console name, not device name

Greg A. Woods woods@weird.com
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:40:21 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to propose that remote console specifications (the "@conserver"
form) should be preceded by the remote conserver's name for the console,
not it's device name.  [and until the next major release both could be
permitted, with a warning logged for deprecated usage....]

I was hoping I could attach a proposed patch to implement this, but I've
not yet learned enough about the internals of conserver to whip this up
so quickly, and meanwhile I think I've found the place where I need to
add my send/expect termserver login code (POKE_ANNEX) and I'd better get
working on that instead....  now to figure out how to specify this in
the config....

--
								Greg A. Woods