Re: 2 stop bits

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:50:21 -0700 (PDT)

The code doesn't currently support it.  It really should.  I'll put
this on the TODO list and hopefully it will get in the next release
(not 7.1.2 since I'm packaging that up, but the one after).

If you'd like to hardcode that on for all consoles, you can add the
CSTOPB constant to the parity[] definitions in conserver/consent.c.
This would change from:

    {'e', PARENB | CS7, 0}
    ,                           /* even                 */
    {'m', PARENB | CS7 | PARODD | PAREXT, 0}
    ,                           /* mark                 */
    {'o', PARENB | CS7 | PARODD, 0}
    ,                           /* odd                  */
    {'p', CS8, 0}
    ,                           /* pass 8 bits, no parity */
    {'s', PARENB | CS7 | PAREXT, 0}
    ,                           /* space                */

    {'e', PARENB | CS7 | CSTOPB, 0}
    ,                           /* even                 */
    {'m', PARENB | CS7 | PARODD | PAREXT | CSTOPB, 0}
    ,                           /* mark                 */
    {'o', PARENB | CS7 | PARODD | CSTOPB, 0}
    ,                           /* odd                  */
    {'p', CS8 | CSTOPB, 0}
    ,                           /* pass 8 bits, no parity */
    {'s', PARENB | CS7 | PAREXT | CSTOPB, 0}
    ,                           /* space                */

At least, I believe that should work.  Let me know if it doesn't.
Ideally, you'd be able to flag that in the configuration file on a
per-console basis.  The syntax for specifying those kinds of options
isn't there (it would be nice to be able to specify other things as
well), so there's some thought that needs to be put into this.  I'll
make sure it gets on the TODO list so it's at least tracked.

Bryan