Re: ACL?

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Fri, 18 May 2001 14:14:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 11:42:58AM +0200, Jonas Blåberg wrote:
> hello!
>
> would like to know if I am able to set up different unix-users to be able to
> access different server ports with conserver?

It's not pretty, but yes.  In the conserver.passwd file you "normally"
have something like:

user1:*passwd*:any
user2:*passwd*:any

Instead of the word 'any', you can put a list of consoles they're
allowed to access.

user1:*passwd*:console1,console2,console4
user2:*passwd*:any
user3:*passwd*:console3

So, user3 can only access console3, user1 can only access
console{1,2,4}, and user2 can access any of them.

Hope that answered your question.  Ideally, one day, we'd be able to
define console groups and assign those to users and such, but that's
off in the future.  Oh, and there is a fairly small limit (~100) as to
the number of characters that list of consoles can be.  If you need
more, up the buf[] declaration in CheckPasswd() in conserver/group.c.
Ugly, I know...if someone else doesn't do it, I'll fix it eventually.

Bryan