Re: console program of conserver

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:26:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 02:59:43PM -0700, Chandra Mukhyala wrote:

> Can the console program of the conserver be run any machine other than
> machine on which conserver is running ?

Definately.  And you can have multiple conserver hosts and if you share
the .cf file between them they redirect the client to the appropriate
host automatically (I really need to document how to do that - it's on
my TODO list).

> chandra-pc@14:58:33{37} console -M 10.41.66.50
> console: missing machine name
> chandra-pc@14:58:40{38} console -M 10.41.66.50:782
> console: missing machine name

You're almost there.  You just need to give it a console name (machine
name in the error - bad text - I'll change it to say console name) or a
'-x', '-w', or '-u' flag so it does something.

So, 'console -M 10.41.66.50 -x' or 'console -M 10.41.66.50 netapp' or
whatever.

Hope that helps.

Bryan