Problems getting conserver working...

Ross Parker parker@redback.com
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:14:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi, folks,

I've got conserver version 6.1.7 set up and am having trouble getting
things running properly.

I'm using a Xyplex/iTouch 1620 terminal server, and am using Xyplexes
supplied 'csportd' application to link a port on the term server to a
pseudo tty on my host system (running Solaris 8).

Running conserver with this setup gives me (eg):

conserver: tcgetattr: /usr/local/Console/dev/ogopogo(8): Invalid argument

where the named device is a symbolic link to /dev/pts/whatever.

I have verified that csportd is allocating a pseudo tty, and have
tried configuring conserver to use the tty name directly instead of the
link, same error.

If I configure conserver to talk to a pseudo tty representing an xterm
window, it works fine, so it would appear that my problem is in the way
the pseudo tty is being allocated by csportd.

Has anyone used csportd before with conserver?

Cheers,

Ross
--
Ross Parker			|
				| "Lisp has all the visual appeal of
Systems Admin			|  oatmeal with fingernail clippings
Redback Networks Inc.		|  mixed in" - Larry Wall
parker@redback.com		|