RE: reread config

Ernie Oporto Ernie.Oporto@viragelogic.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 07:17:18 -0700 (PDT)

My recommendation for avoiding the shifting of consoles in the middle of
being used is to have conserver refuse to add them for a config reread if it
detects that a change in the .cf file happens in between existing consoles.

If the changes happen so that they can be tagged "on the end" of the list of
consoles without shifting everything around or disconnecting anything, that
would be better than no dynamic ability or a cold restart which makes the
changes take effect, but disconnects all.

Ernie