after many, many months, conserver-8.1.12 is available!

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 16:29:39 -0700 (PDT)

I'm surprised at how long it's been since I've released a new version of
conserver.  I could blame various distractions, my laziness, or many
other things.  But, honestly, I'm not sure why it took so long.

But, the good news (for me) is that I've finally made everything I've
been sitting on available for you to use and enjoy!  As always, if you
find any problems, please let me know.

There are quite a few changes (as always), from bug fixes to new
features.  Here's the complete list:

version 8.1.12 (Sep 5, 2005):
	- printf() fix for autologin - patch by Menno Duursma
	  <druiloor@zonnet.nl>
	- newly spawned (from SIGHUP) processes didn't properly close
	  primary socket
	- SSL certificates now work again (anonymous ciphers are not
	  allowed if a certificate is used)
	- client options -x, -u, -w, and -i can now take a console name
	  to restrict output - suggested by Evan McClure
	  <emcclure@internap.com>
	- convert program now installed in $libdir/conserver - patch by
	  Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com>
	- we now ignore SIGXFSZ, if it exists
	- added 'limited' access option to remove certain functionality
	  from users - suggested by Sven Michels <sven@darkman.de>
	- added client option -z/-Z for sending commands to servers
	  (reload, quit, etc) - based on suggestion by Joshua Pincus
	  <Joshua.Pincus@Sun.COM>
	- added 'execrunas' and 'initrunas' console options to allow
	  'exec' and 'initcmd' execution as another user and/or group -
	  based on patch by Gary Mills <mills@cc.umanitoba.ca>
	- the east coast mirror had to shut down (for now, at least)
	- crash from bad pointer manipulation during log replay - reported by
	  Ryan Kirkpatrick <linux@rkirkpat.net>

Bryan Stansell