conserver-7.2.7 is available

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 08:40:07 -0700 (PDT)

There are quite an array of changes in 7.2.7.  None of it was much of a
major rewite, but key pieces of code did change to fix bugs and add
functionality.  As with every release, I have my fingers crossed hoping
I didn't break something - let me know if I did.  Here's the complete
list of changes for you to look at:

version 7.2.7 (Apr 9, 2003):
	- added test suite ('make test') for basic client/server
	  communication tests
	- changed configure script to provide better checking of options,
	  hp-ux specifics, and functions
	- console names are no longer case-sensitive
	- fixed case-sensitive DNS name comparisons - reported by
	  Peter Chubb <peter@chubb.wattle.id.au> via Jorgen Hagg
	  <jorgen.hagg@axis.com>
	- added dmalloc and openssl version numbers to -V output
	- reordered includes for openssl-0.9.7a compatibility
	- conserver.rc looks at pidfile to find the master pid - suggested
	  by Petter Reinholdtsen <petter.reinholdtsen@usit.uio.no>
	- misplaced code regarding --with-regex - patch by Andreas Wrede
	  <andreas@planix.com>
	- added password support for HP-UX trusted systems - immense
	  help by Greg Brown <gregb_ka6max@hotmail.com>
	- potential SIGUSR1 bug where cached terminal server availability
	  wasn't being cleared correctly - reported by Dave Stuit
	  <djs@tellme.com>
	- server is now more forgiving about errors instead of just
	  giving up and shutting everything down
	- consoles that have trouble coming up (and are forced down)
	  now log when they come back up - suggested by Dave Stuit
	  <djs@tellme.com>

Bryan Stansell