conserver 7.2.0 is available

Bryan Stansell bryan@conserver.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 01:29:05 -0800 (PST)

7.2.0 is finally ready!  Not much has changed since 7.2.0-beta3 (a good
thing, really) but a heck of a lot has changed since 7.1.4.  I highly
suggest folks upgrade - the ability to send a HUP and reconfigure
conserver without kicking off all your clients can be a great asset
(according to my inner-circle of friends who are also users/testers).

Here's the complete list of changes since 7.1.4.  I hope everyone
enjoys new the features.

version 7.2.0 (Mar 12, 2002):
        - check for valid baud rates (invalid resulted in '0') -
          reported by Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
        - a broadcast messages to others on your console can now be
          sent via ^Ecb

version 7.2.0-beta3 (Feb 25, 2002):
        - allow for 57600 and 115200 baud rates - patch by Andreas
          Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
        - TCP traffic now escaped according to Telnet protocol
        - the highly desired dynamic reconfiguration of conserver is
          here!  the HUP signal now triggers a read of the
          configuration file and adjustment of consoles
        - configure flags shown in -V output

version 7.2.0-beta2 (Feb 14, 2002):
        - new -W client option for showing who's attached to a single
          conserver master - suggested by Dave Stuit <djs@gnac.com>
        - maxfiles() clashes with HP-UX 11 'maxfiles' variable - patch
          by Adam Morris <AMorris@providence.org>
        - removed use of socklen_t type for better compatibility
        - removed TELCMD/TELOPT use for compatibility

version 7.2.0-beta1 (Jan 29, 2002):
        - static structures and strings are now dynamic in server
        - MAXGRP (--with-maxgrp) has been removed as it's now dynamic
        - new -m server option for setting the maximum consoles per
          process - the default is still set with --with-maxmemb
        - new -i client option (and ^Eci) that displays console
          information in a machine-parseable format
        - two debug levels (second level by using two -D options)
        - ANSI prototypes and definitions (when available)

Bryan Stansell